Check out our new Foragers Menu and Recipe eBook. You can download the full eBook and Menu here. Cooking with friends and for friends is the perfect way to spend a weekend. While we are all asked to stay closer to home and only connect with a few close family members or friends we need to become creative and use our time together wisely.
As the weather starts to become warmer we can consider foraging and outdoor dining. With each season there is something unique to find and add to your favourite dishes. For now, you can try our newly designed Foragers Feast Menu and eRecipe collection.
What you need to host a dinner party for friends
- Decide on a theme for your Come Dine With Me evening. We always go for something wild or nature related as it goes with some of our favourite ingredients. Italian night is also very popular and there are plenty of foraged foods that can be used as pizza toppings.
- Ask your friends for their dietary requirements (you don’t want to serve nuts in every dish when there is a guest with an allergy)
Prepare the dessert well in advance.
- Read the recipes in full and decide where to find all of the ingredients (If foraging you will want to check the local park, forest or seaside).
- Send the menu to your guests via email or phone. You can download the Foragers Feast menu here.
- Make some homemade dips in advance.
- The less you are cooking for, the more complicated the dishes can be but if you are hosting for 6 persons or more factor in the time it takes and stick to nice and easy if possible.
- Make a spotify playlist to go with your dinner theme as have a background music. Atmosphere is everything when it comes to hosting dinner parties.
- Don’t forget to join in the fun. You don’t want to spend all of your time in the kitchen.
- Get help when you are serving up the food.
- Remember to always offer the leftovers to guests.
We hope that our Foragers Feast Menu and recipes inspire your next wild Come Dine With Me and we look forward to hearing all about the results.