Wild Recipe: Delicious Dandelion Flatbread
This week we are foraging in the garden, using Spring weeds as the main ingredients in some of our daily dishes. Today we have a real recipe treat with easy garden weed flatbread.
- 250g of plain flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- 50g of butter melted
- 185 ml of milk
- Dandelion Leaves
- Nettle Pesto
- Pine Nuts
- Baby tomatoes
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- Head out to the garden to collect your freshly grown dandelion leaves and a few dandelion heads to decorate. Be sure to wash them gently under luke warm water.
- Measure the flour into a large bowl and add the salt and baking powder.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over a low heat, once it is melted add the milk and remove from the hob.
- Make a whole in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients.
- Gently mix all of the ingredients until it forms a sticky dough. Now knead the dough for 5 minutes and leave to the side in a bowl wrapped with cling film for 30 minutes.
- Once ready, divide the dough into 4 or 5 pieces and roll it out.
- Heat oil on a pan and gently fry the dough for 1 or 2 minutes. You should see pockets of air rise as you cook.
- Now you are ready to add your toppings and place in the oven.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with toppings for this delicious flatbread.